May 27, 2009

About ¿Qué Onda?~Sobre ¿Qué Onda?

100_2081
¡Hola! I'm Nicole and bienvenidos to my blog! I was awarded a Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship (ETA) in México for the 2009-2010 year. I am living in the Distrito Federal (Mexico City) and working at the Instituto Politécnico Nacional-Centro de Lenguas Extranjeras (CENLEX) in Santo Tomas. I'm so glad that you stopped by to share in some of the sights, smells, sounds, and tastes of México.
100_0726
What does ¿Qué onda? mean? ¿Qué onda? is the hip way to say “What’s up?” in México. I thought it was an appropriate name for this little space of mine since I’m giving you my perspectives on what's going on here. Look…you learned some Spanish. Isn’t that awesome? Be sure to use it when you come to visit :-)
100_0655
If you haven't already figured out, I love to bake, cook, and of course eat. Hence...the frequent posts about food. Try not to drool too much as I tempt your taste buds with the deliciousness that México has to offer. ¡Buen provecho!
100_0667
Please feel free to leave comments or questions. You can also drop me an e-mail at nicole.makrinos@fulbrightmail.org. I would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

normand said...

que onda?? bonito blog, me gustó, tus fotos son muy buenas...

hasta luego

Anonymous said...

Nicole, this blog is awesome, and it reflects in a good way what Mexico is. You know? It's also very interesting for me to read how are perceived by a non-Mexican, there are some things that I wouldn't have imagined, thanks a lot for sharing this with us.
¡¡Hasta pronto!!!
Elena

Post a Comment