March 28, 2010

Home to Pittsburgh!

Pittsburgh Skyline

While everyone else is heading to sunny, warm Mexico for Spring Break, I had the wonderful opportunity to vacation in chilly Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for Semana Santa (Holy Week). I arrived this past Friday night and will be here for a whole week! Yay!

Mmm...Sarris Ice Cream

My lovely family welcomed me at the airport, and I came straight home to a delicious dinner of Mom’s warm stuffed shells. Yum-o! Then, it was off to one of my most favorite places in all of Pittsburgh, Sarris Candies. I enjoyed every bite of my strawberry cheesecake ice cream bathed in warm and melty milk chocolate hard cap. Heaven.

Surviving the Cold at Dan's Lacrosse Game

Yesterday, I attended my brother, Daniel’s lacrosse game at the Peters High School. It became cold and windy when the sun sunk down over the hill, but I managed to survive.

Dan in Action

Dan’s team won (13-1), yay! (In case you are wondering, Dan is number 10).

The Girls

As always, things have certainly changed since I left home in August. The chickens (or the Girls, as my mom likes to call them) are full-grown now and are laying some beautiful eggs. Can’t wait to use those pretty eggs to bake something delicious!

Dad's Plants

My dad also has his garden started down in the basement. Some lovely little tomato plants have sprouted (there are several different varieties, including some heirloom tomatoes) and a few basil plants are popping through the soil. Peppers will go in soon, and by the time I come home in June everything should be almost ready to eat. Can’t wait!

Yummy, gooey, and wonderful pecan rolls

While I certainly love Mexican food, there is nothing like home-cooked meals and treats. Check out these gorgeous pecan cinnamon rolls that my dad made this morning. Absolutely scrumptious!

There is lots more to do and many people to see during my short getaway to Pittsburgh, but I’m looking forward to lots of fun this upcoming week. I’ll keep you posted!

Click for more pictures!

Abrazos from Pittsburgh, Nicole

4 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

So happy to have you home! Even though it's not sunny and tropical, it's still home. Hope you enjoy every minute of your time here. Love and hugs.

Anonymous said...

I know the best part of your weekend was the few hours you got to spend in my presence friday night before i took my spring break from chilly pittsburgh to oh so freakin cold chicago... thats what i call a spring break fail... anyways...

JB is back like crack,
Takin that cole b cheese to get some Sarris snacks
but relax
"ill be back."
Like Arnold before the attack
Now i know you think my raps are kinda wack
Like a hack, or poop in a pack, or like living in a shack, im a little off track,
Because me and my rhyming dictionary are on CRACK!

-JBzorz

Unknown said...

Now I am even more excited to come back to Pittsburgh

Anonymous said...

Cole, ahora sé porque amas tanto estar en Pitts.... es realmente hermoso.... Cada parte de la ciudad es preciosa, los ríos, los edificios, las luces, los puentes, TU, todo es hermoso....

En verdad estoy emocionado por saber que pronto estaré por allá y que conoceré ese precioso lugar.

Muchas felicidades por tan buenas fotos y por ser tan linda.

Te quiero mucho.

Roberto

Post a Comment